Sunday 31 August 2014

Paint Table Saturday


As usual, not actually on a Saturday. However I spent the day moving these guys forward, and I'm quite chuffed with them. Still got to finish them off with crew figures, basing and a Matt coat of varnish.

Excuse the Yes badge!

First up my two Churchill AVsRE of 5th Assault Squadron, RE (79th Armoured Division). 





Then we have some Daimlers from 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry:

15mm Daimler Armoured Cars 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry, 51st Highland Division - with Army Painter varnish and highlights.



Just to compare these now to how they were prior to the Army painter:


 
Then some random trucks... One for my pioneer platoon, the other currently unallocated.


And lastly, not as far along, is my converted Sherman ARV mk.1 from 144 RAC.






3 comments:

  1. Jamie, your paintjobs keep going up and up in quality.

    Really cool stuff, especially those trucks (again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dai - the close ups on the Churchills don't do them justice - I've started working on paint jobs that look better on the table than up close, so the highlighting seems a little obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's the thing at this scale - detail is so small, stark contrasts where highlighting is concerned is essential.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!