Saturday 13 June 2015

6MMRPC Finished: Ambulance Jeep (Battlegroup Overlord)

Third revision of this post, this time while I'm in a calmer state of mind and using a new app called 'Blogsy' which seems to do a lot more than the official blogger app. Like putting links in, resizing pictures, captions, linking to Picasa, etc.

Anyway, the model! 

This was a conversion of a Battlefront mini to resemble a 20mm model by Milicast. It's been given the same markings as my Ambulance Halftrack, making it part of 176 Field Ambulance, 51st Highland Division. The 'crew' figures are from Skytrex, and not Peter Pig as I stated earlier.
Modifications to the jeep included adding the stretchers and simple frames to hold them and adding Jerry cans and other stowage.

I was a bit sad that the front stretchers more or less totally covered the Red Cross on the bonnet. These were created using plasticard and are perhaps a bit out of scale. But I decided to use them anyway, leaving just a hint of the Red Cross underneath.

I've included pics of it alongside some of my other little creations, just to show the sorts of things I'm trying to achieve!


And since I had the old POWs out...

22 comments:

  1. I love those. I find one of the best elements of working in 15mm is the mini-diorama potential with every base. Those are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keiron - I like seeing what I can do with models I come across - I just wish I had some sculpting ability!

      Delete
  2. Thanks also to Ivor who commented on the last post which ended up getting deleted! Sorry Ivor, but thanks for the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No worries! You're work is really making me want to open up my "to do" box of FOW.

      Delete
  3. They look great! Great basing! Will you use them as objectives or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cameron - I don't have the books at hand but I think that in Battlegroup Overlord the ambulances have a purpose. They certainly add to your force morale.

      Delete
  4. Superb work! You've really got the figures all interacting together nicely, and the painting and basing is great. Very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Your work is, as always, an inspiration! Want to paint my vehicles? Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enough of my own to do!!! Thanks for the kind comment!

      Delete
  7. It looks very nice. I have plans to make an ambulance jeep for my US troops. I looked it up in my books and the ambulance jeep can be used in both the Overlord book and Fall of the Reich book. It is a logistics support unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hein, I knew it was useful in the rules. It was just the MP jeep that's not represented. Next up I need to try and think of a way of representing a first aid post!

      Delete
  8. Just brilliant!

    I really love the composition of these, mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drax - I went through quite a few variations of layout before I settled on them. Wish the MP that's pointing had been pointing the other way! But pleased with how they came together in the end.

      Delete
  9. Nice! Finished dioramas are very well done mate! Look forward to seeing these included in one of your future wargame updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai. Dispatch rider is in the pipeline, just as soon as Paul shows me how he does his headswaps!

      Delete
  10. Jamie, these are simply lovely mate!!! real little works of art, Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, took me long enough to get them done... Nice quick progress for the start of the 6MMRPC!

      Delete
  11. Somehow I missed your POWs, fantastic stuff and again great figures from Peter Pig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Des, I did these a while ago. Just included them in the pics as they went with the MP's quite well! The truck is actually one of the vehicles from one of my gun batteries.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!