Saturday 19 August 2017

Finished! British Infantry and Pioneers, Church Walls + Partizan 20/08/17

Hi folks,

Busy week for me hobby wise. I finished one batch of British Infantry and made a start on my next batch. I got as far as undercoating flesh and putting the detail for the Tam'o'shanters on the beret wearing chaps for the first 6 or so squads worth. Pics of the 1st batch I finished:

Pre grass and tufts!

1st Platoon, B Company, 7th ASH

Bit of a closer shot, where you can see I still need to work on faces, but hopefully you can make out the beret to Tam'o'shanter conversions!

I really wasn't happy with this batch of flower tufts. I'll be looking for replacements this weekend!

Pioneer platoon, B Company, ASH - using older BF figures with lots of Bangalores. One team with a flamethrower. 

Really love these older scuplts - a pleasure to paint!

Stuck with 4 men to a base for all these units - means I have to paint less but also reflects the depleted manpower of the units!

Following that, I got distracted by terrain!

This mainly involved adding some detail to one of the houses I acquired from Lee last year. I've lots of rubble in my village, but not a lot of fire damage, so set about remedying that!





I also managed to get the walls I bought from Tiger Terrain done - I'll get a better review of these done soon:




There were a few little bits I tidied up following this photo, but these will be the walls for my churchyard, with a few spare gates for around town.

I also got some paint on my Timecast haystacks I picked up at York the year before last.


This afternoon I'm prepping to head off to Newark for the 'Other Partizan' show tomorrow. Tonight will be spent having some curry and beer with Dave D and Martin C, before we put on one of Dave's big Sudan display games tomorrow. If your at the show, stop by and say hello!

7 comments:

  1. Great job on the infantry, excellent basing and painting...and I love your walls, useful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! I'm really pleased with the walls - great value for money and really nice to paint.

      Delete
  2. They look great James! I am just completing some Tam'O'shanter chaps and a ruined house too, but in 28mm.

    Hope you enjoy the Other Partizan with those reprobates :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why indeed .. we are professional reprobates mind

      Delete
    2. Thanks Paul, show was great, reprobates behaved themselves (mostly)!

      Delete
  3. Smashing work Jamie. Nice effort on the bonnets.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!