Saturday 24 February 2018

Finished!: 15mm Carts and scatter terrain

Hi folks,

I've been in full on prep mode this week, with my big game planned for Sunday. Lots of terrain stuff and documents to prepare, plans to make and models to sort out.

I've still a load of stuff I'd like to do, but I'm rapidly running out of time now so will just have to be happy with what I'll have ready!

This week, my entries for the challenge were a load of 'French' village vehicles from Irregular. Some carts of various sizes, a civilian truck and a car type thing:




I also finished off the last of my graveyard:


And update my older graveyard bases to have flowers and tufts as well.

I also (finally) did something with some irregular shaped MDF bases I had, which I have planned to use for small forests/stands of trees:


And finally I got some more the those little timecast gardens painted:



I've also drawn a sketch map of what the terrain will look like (ish) on the table, sorted out my forces for both sides, thought about special rules I will be using, typed up a briefing document and made sure I have unit stats ready... It's been hectic. Tonight I based a load of trees, finished painting some building additions made from MDF buildings I cut in half to allow me to put lean to's/extensions on houses, finished some more gardens off, painted a tank commander on one of my Croc's which I hadn't put a figure on... the list is endless!

Pics and such will follow the game on Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful things, love the carts and the graveyard, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great matey - hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fantastic extra little touches there James that will really enhance the look of the table. I very much look forward to the game report and pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff hope it goes well 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get the gravestones and carts?

    Been looking for these in 15mm for ages. Beautiful terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, thanks! The carts were from irregular miniatures, I picked them out from their stall at a wargames show. The gravestones were from Blotz.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!