Saturday 3 February 2018

Finished!: 15mm Mdf buildings

Hi folks,

This weeks unit entry to the AHPC was delayed as i got distracted by painting some terrain. I think I was actually a bit sick of painting gun crew, so diverted myself for a night or two which resulted in me having less time to finish things that I thought. Rather than rush myself, I finished off a couple of the buildings I've had sitting half done/not started.

The two 'scoring' entries for the challenge there these:




A 15mm 'barn' from Warbases - which is the same size as most of the houses I have... and a 15mm shopfront. I'm not sure about the maker as these came from a batch I bought 2nd hand a good while ago. I hadn't planned on using the shops, as they are what I would consider to be inferior to the other buildings I have (no separate floors, so only one level). However, I've a good few buildings now, so these will be handy just to bulk out an already full table. Once painted they look ok and from a 'roof down' view of a busy town or village you can't tell they only have a single level. I've 3 more of these types to build, though this was the biggest. These two buildings scored me 30 points - 3 less than the Wespes that took me a week and involved detailed modelling work. But thats just the way the scoring system works!

I also finished these two buildings. I think they might be Sarrisa and I suspect they were models I got from Lee a while ago. I saw Lee was selling off more 15mm terrain on Ebay recently, but was sniped at the last minute for some of his stuff :(






I added some black paint and rubble to the work Lee had already done. The rubble piles are removable (including the burnt out upper floor) to allow models to be put in, if needed. I've had these two models half finished on the painting shelf for months, so it's good to move them on. I think my rubble piles need a bit of paint, but that's something I can return to (ha ha) in the future. Even a 'soft tone' wash on them might help... I might experiment when I'm not just trying to churn out units!

In the works currently is a load of 15mm rough fencing from Blotz. A load of 15mm gravestones for my church that need another drybrush then a lot of basing. 4 little outhouses (finished this week, for next weeks entry) and 8 more strips of church wall (also finished awaiting Wednesday). I've time today so will be working hard to finish off my 10.5cm guns for the Germans as well as moving on next Saturdays entry as much as I can (six nebelwerfers and crews). I've also got the 3 other buildings spray primed and waiting detailing (a handy 45 points worth, hopefully!). Surprisingly, I am actually getting through my Gunuary German project at a decent clip, with only the 88's and Nebs to do from the 15mm stuff I had prepped. And most of the gun crew have at least flesh and/or uniform colours on already.

I'm going to Vapnartak in York tomorrow, where I'll be on the lookout for village 'clutter' such as carts, barrels, garden stuff and the likes, interesting terrain (I feel like I need a chateau, schoolhouse and more outbuildings), interesting bring and buy FoW stuff and anything else that takes my fancy - perhaps some Necromunda terrain! Hopefully a good few of the club guys will also make it!

4 comments:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!