Thursday 29 March 2018

Next Project - and AHPC nomination

Hi folks,

So, having finished the AHPC challenge for this year, I've had a couple of weeks of 'admin' which has consisted of sorting through my recent Ebay purchases and figuring out what I wanted to do next.

As ever, I have a lot of options. I'd narrowed the list down to three options, which were to do SS Armour, Polish Cromwells or my 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry Humbers. I decided, since in the last couple of 'mega' games I've run I've had to borrow German tanks, that I should get my 12th SS armoured vehicles done, which will provide some opposition to both my Brits and DaveD's rapidly expanding American army. And, as I've managed to spread the madness further, Martin's British Paras! Apparently, we are now doing D-Day....

As such, I've been building, detailing and spray priming a load of German armoured vehicles:


Specifically the painting list now includes: 12 x Panzer IV's, 5 x Panther A's, 2 x Brummbars, 2 x Flakpanzer 38T's, 3 x StuGs, 3 x Kubelwagons and a radio truck (possibly for a little diorama).

I'm aiming to tackle things this way in order to keep some consistency of painting for the various units - although there will be variation, there won't be the same amount of variation as I would have if I painted the units 6 months apart. If i can get all of the above done in 4 months, I would be pretty happy - hopefully I'll make better progress than that!

In other news, with the AHPC finished there are some more voting rounds. Much to my astonishment it seems some kind souls have nominated my German artillery for inclusion in the 'Challengers Choice' vote. I can't say how chuffed I am at that, given the quality of the other entries that have been nominated. I don't expect to be winning anything, but it's really nice that someone felt my work was worth nominating! If you want to check out the other entries (and cast your own votes) you can find the blog post here: https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/ahpc-viii-challegers-choice-nominations.html



 

4 comments:

  1. congrats on the nomination. standard was epic this year. Yes WW2 is all your fault

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally I blame the poor armistice negotiations of 1918...

      Delete
  2. Nice one James. I loved all the masses of differant German artillery you entered in the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray! I know I'm a bit bit single minded, but that's what big projects need!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!