Saturday 1 September 2018

Finished!: 10mm Pendraken ACW Limbers

Hi folks,

Progress has been made this week in finishing off my 10mm ACW project (at last!). Just a few final bits to do.

The four limbers are now done, along with some spare figures which will be 'Brave Colonels' or Brigade Commanders. I used the outriders from the limber teams as the two 'Brigade' command stands. My previous command stand is a bit big, so should probably be a division command stand.



The limber bases are 25mm by 70mm.




Thankfully, I had previously blogged about basing colours for these models, so was able to replicate what I'd done with the rest of the army.

Just some 'silenced' gun markers (destroyed guns) and some damaged gun markers, as well as some casualty markers for marking disorder and stuff, and I am all done. Those are at various stages, with the guns just needing based and tufts, while the casualties need a highlight, varnish and basing. I should get them done this weekend. Then I've decided to try and tackle the Panthers...

Today I went to the Gateshead wargames show as well. Despite a bit of a detour on the way (I took a wrong turning and ended up on the A1 from the A19...), I got there easily enough and had a good wonder round. Picked up some old GHQ moderns at the bring and buy, a couple of books on Normandy, some 28mm scenery for Necromunda and a couple of FoW bits from a stall (two resin Panzer IV's that need stripped, £1 each, and some SS infantry at 50p a stand as well as some Nebelwerfer crew). Decent little show, though I didn't take many pictures:







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos James, and these stunning limbers will certainely add a lot to your future tables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minis and amazing Pirate game. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool ,looking limbers. Sorry missed you, a flying visit did buy some stuff though. Post later

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are an excellent painter of miniatures James, those limbers are so well done and finished with great basing affect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice indeed

    http://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - Discovered your blog and very much enjoy your posts.

    I was wondering if you had a paint guide for FOW German infantry. Very interested in having a read if you do.

    Keep up the good work and I have to say I'm slightly jealous of your ability to turn out so many models.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!