Saturday 13 October 2018

Finished!: Vanguard Miniatures 3mm Sci Fi

Hi folks,

Slight delay since my last blog post due to working on a new project and having a small break up in (very) rainy Scotland.

Before I headed up north, I managed to 'complete' (some small finishing touches to do) some more 3mm sci fi units that have been sitting on my desk since the start of the year.

These are for 'Dominion - The Wars of Tusculum Nova', from Vanguard Miniatures. I've continued with painting mine in a '30k' theme, with the Ultramarines being my legion of choice.


This batch of painting saw me finish a 'Mechanised Infantry Century' with three stands of infantry transported by three stands of 'Trojans'. These take a little while due to my painting of shoulder pads...


I've also painted a could of bases of 'Gladiator' robots:


And three 'Hammer' support tanks - the gun barrels on these needs a bit more definitions to make them stand out:


As well as some more 'Scorpion' tanks, seen at the back, and a command base:


Highlighting on these is quite heavy close up, due to the size of the models and the need to make them pop on the table.

Some of my collection so far:


I've still a lot to paint for this project, and thankfully it's relatively quick to do. My main issue is getting a new type of vehicle painted to use as a template for the others. I've one more infantry unit of three bases to do, as well as 'siege' troopers which I'll be using as Terminators and close combat troops both on foot and with jump packs. I've a lot of armour to paint as well and recently got some of the new 'Novan Regular' tanks, which I will be painting up as IG/PDF.

Slow progress, but progress none the less!

6 comments:

  1. Corking stuff, James. Love the Ultramarines colour scheme, and it really does pop!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie these are sweet! And i dont even like Ultramarines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb! Great job on the bases and splendid blue shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, always good to see what the 'not-epic' models look like finished; many t(h)anks !

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!