Monday 25 March 2019

AHPC Roundup - or 'what I've been doing with my spare time for 3 months'

Hi folks,

I had posted this over on the AHPC blog, but thought I would also share here for completeness. With the Challenge finishing last week, I managed to achieve my target of 750 points worth of miniatures painted (using the challenge scoring system).

As usual, my focus has been on my 15mm Normandy collection, and these models have all been posted on this blog already - however, it's nice to see the whole lot together so I am sharing again:


The large LCT I had finished previously, but I did do these guys during the challenge:


January is traditionally 'Gunuary' for me, where I focus my efforts on all things artillery related. This means I got my towed 6 Pdrs done, but also a load of Tractor vehicles for various gun batteries:



My D-day efforts were also significantly boosted by the completion of the DD tanks and LCA's, while the troops who make the shore will be boosted by the inclusion of another D7 Bulldozer... and a NAAFI truck. While my Polish Armoured forces have had some AA tanks added.

In the next few weeks, I should be able to mop up the remains of what I had planned, in the form of Polish M5 Stuarts, 40mm SP Bofors and the final batch of Quad tractors for my Jock artillery.


Still lots to be getting on with, and a renewed focus going into the rest of the year with a big Utah beach game planned for June and a Juno or Sword beach game planned for later this year - both, hopefully, on a 17' by 6' table.

7 comments:

  1. Great work mate - love the landing craft and their converted RN crew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, that's nice of you to say. I'm pretty pleased to have gotten them all done. When I look at the LCT model I'm really chuffed at the fact it's all scratch built or converted. The crew figures are some of my favourites.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!