Saturday 20 July 2019

State of the Collection - 2019 - Videos

Hi folks,

Last weekend I had an opportunity to go through my WW2 collection and undertake a bit of a audit over where I am at. I last did this back in 2017, having not gotten round to a similar exercise last year.

I find this is useful for a variety of reasons. It reminds me where I am at with the various aspects of the project, helps me focus on what I want to work on next, and is a useful record for insurance purposes!

While the main aim was to take some video footage, I did take some pictures, but I am having some issues uploading them currently (as I stupidly uploaded the video's again...). So for today, here are the video links, which a picture blog to follow!

First up, German armour:


German Artillery and AA:


German Infantry and Anti Tank:



Allied Armour:


Allied Artillery and AA:


Allied Infantry:


Landing craft:


Model storage:


2 comments:

  1. A fun watch early on a Saturday morning.
    That's an attractive collection you have there, great work.
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking my time working through these videos but my first impression is WOW, a stunning collection and I admire your commitment to historical accuracy. Great to see those two Tigers at the back of the Panzer video, every one is a gem :) I'll get to the Allies later but I'm expecting a whole mass of Shermans:) You mentioned insurance James, that is very important with what is clearly an extremely valuable collection in terms of both time and models, it only recently struck me to insure my 40mm's.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!