Sunday 8 June 2014

Paint table Saturday #31



Having finished a couple of big batches of models recently (well, a few weeks ago) I've struggled a bit with motivation. I had selected my battery of 4 Bofors AA guns and some trucks I needed doing, only to find I really dislike the Forged in Battle sculpts of these guns and really wish I had bought the Battlefront version. 

This has not helped me paint them! 

I've taken some pics of where I'm at just now (still an early rough stage), but I really am struggling with these as I just feel the Battlefront versions would look better...




The gunsights on the models are scratch built (not part of the kit) and the platform + gunners + gun mechanism were all one part. Making it very hard to get into. The gunners sculpts are a bit rough, as are the surfaces on the gun shields. I may eventually finish these and sell them on, depending how happy I am when they are done. 

1 comment:

  1. Completely with you on the FiB sculpts. I have two of these and they were no fun to paint at all. The crew on foot were likewise uninspiring.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!