I had meant to post an update at the weekend, but time got away from me. Last week and into this week I've been working on my two Tigers and three StuGs which will finish off my German Heer list (for now, and with still the minefields and bunkers to sort out...)
So the Tigers came from Lee, and were in pretty good shape:
But I've discovered I am totally unable to just use models someone else has painted (sorry Lee!) and needed to do my own thing with them. Without touching the basecoat or camo, I ended up with this:
Mainly through a couple of drybrushes, new track colours, edge highlighting, etc. These pictures were taken mid week last week, and as of now the tanks are awaiting the decals to make them 101. Heavy Tank Battalion vehicles. Still bearing the gloss coat, so a little shiny:
I removed one of the turret hatches on one of the tanks and replaced with a closed hatch I had spare from somewhere - my standard setup is for only the command unit to have a figure out the hatch. Still weathering to do once the decals are on (red turret numbers, the unit markings and tactical markings) and the base is still in progress.
I've also been working on my StuGs, which are from a different unit so bear a different camo pattern (something I am going to try and replicate with my various German vehicles - the Tigers should all be painted similarly, etc).
Just the edge highlights done on these guys so far, still a lot of other highlights to do. Not looking too bad at the moment tho (this method of painting looks better at distance!!!).
So that's it - hopefully the StuGs will be ready this week - I'm not so bothered about decals for these guys as I can find scant info about the unit. Plus with it being a rare Panzerjager unit of a standard Heer high numbered infantry Division.... no one will make decals anyway!