Wednesday 1 June 2016

MMM May Challenge - Done!

Hi Folks,

I had no update this weekend and I was hard at work getting my challenge finished for this month. It was a bit of a slog - I won't deny that. I knew I was pushing myself with the amount of models for this month... and I am glad I can take the foot off the pedal for a bit.

As ever, massive thanks go out to the MMM chat guys n gals.

So, here we go:

PaK40 platoon + spare gun for my Nebelwerfer battery. Plus command team.






I might add some of the same foliage to these guys as I used on my M10's - but for now these guys are finished.

Mortar Platoon with 2 spare mortars (Battlefront teams) for my HQ platoon. I do have the Peter Pig models donated by Lee, but had spares so decided to do them. Also 3 spotter teams and command.










Then we have a 9 squad pioneer platoon with command. Each squad of these guys is 3 stands, making it a massive unit. Only riflemen though. Command has a Panzerfaust.








And lastly we have three standard sniper teams and one sniper character.






I also ended up with 2 spares and a painted vehicle driver. So 114 infantry, 5 guns and 8 mortars.

Which means over 3 months I have painted:

Command HQ + A/T Team + 4 Mortar Squads + 3 sniper teams
3 x Infantry platoons
1 x Pioneer platoon
1 x HMG platoon
1 x Mortar Platoon
1 x PaK40 platoon (with 5 guns)

Leaving me with:

1 x Fusilier platoon (small unit, only 2 squads)
1 x Nebelwerfer battery (3 rocket launchers + command)
1 x 8.8cm A/T gun platoon (2 guns)
3 x StuGs
Minefields
2 x Tigers (just to patch up/repair)
 
Not much to do!!!

16 comments:

  1. Well done James, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jack - I wasn't too pleased with some of the German infantry sculpts, but they look OK painted.

      Delete
  2. Really nice work. I particularly like the basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rod - I keep meaning to do a step by step for that!

      Delete
  3. That's a crazy amount of infantry for one month! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely work James, great highlighting and basing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee, tried 2 stage highlights on some of these guys. Not sure whether it's worth continuing with that though!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic work done James!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work james, they look great. That is a lot done in a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Couldn't have done it without all those hours on paint and chats! Really helped me stay focused.

      Delete
  7. A huge amount painted and to such a high standard. Very good show James!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cripes mate, that's damned impressive! And they look smashing as well! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, I had really pushed myself and wasn't sure I'd get it all done! Real relief to have it off the table!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!