Tonight I had the aim of finishing off these bits and bobs that have been on my desk for this last week or so. Unfortunately, I discovered that due to a 'logistical' issue, I hadn't ordered any new Mininatur tufts and my old ones are more or less done. So I've had to put the platoon and the engineers back on the shelf till these arrive.
So first up, the (almost) complete platoon of 7th Bat. Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. This should, technically, be the first platoon of my 2nd Company. But given that I have stripped the paint off one of my older painted platoon... I think I have taken one step forward and one back!
The models are Battlefront (with the exception of the PIAT gunner, I'm not too sure where he is from), but from the older range of Battlefront models. I love these models, and they are pretty easy to paint.
I went with 4 men per base to cut down on the number of figures I need to do for the whole planned expansion. But also because I think it more closely represents the actual strength of the platoons available for Totalise. I have, for example, read accounts of C company being temporarily disbanded in order to provide enough men to bring the other 3 companies up to a strength of 7 men per squad.
I also attempted with these figures to give them a dark blue patch on their arms to show these chaps are 'Highway Decorators' (Highland Division) troops.
I also revisited some of the casualties and medics I had painted previously but had never based. These are Peter Pig and Skytrex models.
And while I was sorting these out, I also updated and based a wire laying team, single medic base and some bailed out tank crewmen.
Lastly, I have four bases of Engineers. These are for no particular FoW unit, as the options to take Engineer platoons seems to have been dropped from the overlord book (it is in the Scots Division PDF). I figures they would be great for a scenario game, and just like the models.
These chaps would be from one of the Field Coys, RE that supported the 51st HD. Probably 274 Coy.
These are a mix of the Battlefront Italian Engineers and some of the older Pioneer models. Enough to put a minesweeper on each base.
So once the new tufts arrive, I'll get these all properly finished off. I also need to do the unit identifying markings on the back of the bases.
I've another infantry platoon and some Pioneers/Engineers in the queue, and finished off cleaning up some of the stuff I had in Dettol (it cleaned up really easily, just took a while to scrub!). Currently there are some Confederate dismounted cavalry on my desk, which I am hoping to get finished before Friday.