Thursday 8 March 2018

Finished!: 3mm Vanguard Stalkers and Super Heavy Tanks

Hi folks,

A slight change in direction for me this last week. I was (and am) supposed to be painting my German 88's but following the big game the other week I had a bit of a break from 15's!

Instead I focused on getting some of the 3mm Vanguard Miniatures 'Defeat in Detail' models that have been sitting on my desk for the whole painting challenge. Specifically two 'Dreadnought' class Stalkers and one 'Jaeger' class hunter/ambush Stalker. These will be proxying for different 'marks' of Reaver Titans for my Legio Presagios force. The Dreadnought's are pretty close to a 'Reaver Type' look, while the Jaeger is close but different - an older type from the Dark Age of Technology who's origins have been lost.


3mm Vanguard Jaeger Stalker

3mm Vanguard Dreadnought Stalker

3mm Vanguard Dreadnought Stalker

These models were entered into the AHPC8 themed round last weekend, and are now available to be voted for here! All votes in my favour would be very much appreciated (the voting panel is on the right of that link, but if your on a mobile or tablet you'll have to go to the bottom of the page and click 'view web version' to make it appear)!

I also finished off 3 super heavy tanks for my Novan Elites. Specifically 'Challenger' Super Heavy Tanks from Vanguards 3mm range. These will be proxying as Ultramarine Legion Fellblades. Shown below with an infantry base for scale! I think I said on the AHPC blog post that the Novan Elites are 7 meters tall, but they are not - more like 7 feet tall!

3mm Vanguard Challenger Super Heavy Tanks and Stalkers, with infantry for showing the true scale nature of the 3mm range!


A 'standard' sized D10 for scale!

The Stalkers with some infantry on the base along with a Gladiator armoured support walker. 

As above, but with a Trojan APC added. 

The force I've collected as a whole is growing, with the majority of the models from Vanguard but with a few 3D printed from elsewhere.


I've still got a lot to paint, including more Stalkers, infantry and tanks from Vanguard. The plan is to have a decent sized Ultramarine proxy force for the Battle of Calth. At some point, I'll have the Word Bearers to do (in their... white and blue... scheme!)

6 comments:

  1. Bloody heck mate, these are fantastic and inspiring! What rules are you using for this project?

    *checks out Vanguard's website shortly after clicking "publish"*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, they certainly help scratch that little Epic itch I've had for a few years! The walkers are all prototypes currently, but the smaller ones (Jackals) I've not built and painted yet are available. There is a set of rules in development for them, you can download the quick play rules for free from the website (you just have to add them to your shopping basket, but they are free). I'll probably look to use the rules they have put out, but might try something else as well - possibly 3rd ed epic.

      Delete
  2. Awesome figures. I've always had a soft spot for titans though. The whole force is looking really sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking job mate! Those Titans look fantastic
    I've really enjoyed watching this force come together over the last few months!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!