Friday 7 December 2018

Finished!: 6mm British Moderns (part 1...)

Hi folks,

I had intended to post this last weekend, but didn't get around to it and have had a hectic week this week which has seen little painting being done.

I've been trying to clear some of the models that have been cluttering up my painting shelf for the last 12 months, some of which has been my Brits for Team Yankee. These are a mix of GHQ, Heroics and Ros and Butlers Printed Models miniatures, and I'm about half way though currently.






So currently, a full squadron of Chieftains, with the front two on the right being BPM models, while the one on the front right is a GHQ model.

The Harriers and Lynx's are H+R models, which came out quite well. Blowpipe models are H+R while the Spartans on the bases are BPM. The Swingfires are GHQ, while the Abbots are BPM and the M109's are (I think) H+R.

Still all the infantry to do, and a load of AFV's. The models are quick to paint, as I've kept them very simple. However, the basing is time consuming!

In other news, despite my better judgement I've volunteered to take part in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge again this year... So need to start organising what I plan to paint as part of that!


12 comments:

  1. Nicely done mate. Do love to see those older variants from childhood. And Harriers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai - there's a lot of interesting old kit still to go!

      Delete
  2. very nice. The challenge will drag you in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Reminds me i need to finish my 6mm TY Americans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steven - these spent a long time in the queue. Martin has a load of stuff already painted, so there was little emphasis on me getting mine painted!

      Delete
  4. Cool... big TY coming up then... I think we will need more burning wrecks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good, particularly liked the harriers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Des - the American Marine stuff you sent is still in the list of things to sort out!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!