Having see posts about this challenge over on Dai and Camerons blogs recently (the "6 Month Mountain Reduction and Painting Challenge!") I decided in a flash of either inspiration or because of a few too many of these...
...to take part!
The rules are:
1. No purchasing of new miniatures, EXCEPT if you use a joker card.
Like in a deck of cards, you get two jokers to use on a figure
purchase. Could be a blister pack, an ebay bundle, or a single
figure...you can't splurge. - Like Dai I am changing this slightly as I work on whole units/platoons at a time and some of these are missing vehicles. However, I aim to complete whole units first before moving on to those that require purchases - If I get that much painted!
2. Gifts do not count against you. Christmas and or birthdays etc.
Also, if you're given gift cards by your hobby illiterate family or
friends, you can without penalty use them on anything you want
miniatures wise. I luck out here, as I'll have Christmas and my
birthday during this 6 Months.
3. Paints, terrain (or materials), and other hobby supplies do not apply to the no purchasing rule.
4. At least one hobby related blog post and/or Instagram update a week.
If you instagram, be sure to hashtag your pic with #6MMRPC - I don't use Instagram
5. Zombtober will be part of the 6 month challenge so, Zombie related stuff during October is ENCOURAGED. - I won't have any zombie related models. Sorry!
So that's my challenge for the next 6 months painting wise. I'm starting a week later than everyone else so will run on for a week longer than everyone else. This month is going to be a tough one, as I am moving house on the 27th and there is the small matter of the Independence referendum on the 18th. In the new house we don't currently have a painting area for me... which will be another factor. But I will persevere!
First post detailing my painting targets soon(tm). I'll also be trying to post my updates under the banner of the Saturday Paint Table when I can as well!