Tuesday 16 September 2014

2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry, 51st highland Division - Daimler I's and Humber LRC's - Finished!

And the next set of completed models....

The Humber LRC's I made a bit of a mess of with pigment, but they will do for now. These models were part of a squadron based on the old Highland Division .pdf - however this changed with me getting the newer Overlord book. This means that these guys will be getting mixed and matched a bit in the future. The Humber LRC's to go with the Humber Armoured Cars, while the Daimler I's will be going with the Daimler Dingos.

The 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry were the 51st Highland Divisions Recce Regiment. the Highland Divisions own integral Recce Regiment was the 51st Recce, which was switched over to a motorised infantry battallion in the desert prior to the invasion of Sicily. The Derbyshire Yeomanry were not part of the Recce Corps - instead they were part of the Royal Armoured Corps. The Recce Corps eventually became part of the Royal Armoured Corps itself, and the 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry became honorary members!

These are all Battlefront miniatures and again were fun to paint. 

First up the Daimler I's:




The 2DY were one of the few armoured car regiments in the NWE campaign to be equipped with the Daimler I armoured cars. This happened in September 1944, so strictly speaking after Operation Totalize. However as I was following the .pdf this was the correct option for FoW at the time. My plan now is to have one squadron of these guys and the rest Humbers.

Now the Humber Light Recce Cars:



These guys are light, with only Brens and a Boys A/T rifle. But they are recce units.

Anyway, thats them all based, varnished and made as pretty as I can currently do - apart from the mucked up dust effect on the Humber LRC's!

10 comments:

  1. Looking good. The basing looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cameron, amazing what a few tufts and some flowers can do!

      Delete
  2. Love the Daimlers, they are a very nice looking model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Paul - I'm looking forward to doing the Humbers as well.

      Delete
  3. Don't think the LRC's look as bad as you say mate.

    Daimlers though are solid and like Cameron said, basing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai - not sure myself, but they are passable!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely lovely work! Everything about them really pops, I particularly love those bases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I've come a long way from my initial efforts. The feedback from my friends and the community have helped a lot to keep me plodding on and trying new things!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!