Just a quick update from me. While I'm still working on my 15mm WW2 terrain - specifically working through my pile of cut up door mat/wheat fields, I have also started working on my 10mm ACW again, along with sorting out some 15mm WW2 bits.
I'd gotten all my infantry done previously, but hadn't based them due to a cunning plan involving using casualty figures to pad out the basing a little. I've still the casualties to paint, but moved on to one of the things that had been daunting me a bit - the cavalry.
I've never painted a horse in any scale. But I figured if I could paint a Lion, how hard could some horses be...
Anyway, I've been making some progress over the last few days, with some base coated and washed figures to show for it:
|Washed and highlighted standing horses - for my horse holder/dismounted cavalry makers|
|Figures on the left are awaiting highlight/varnish - I'm still working on the ones on the right.|
|Close up of the WiP minis|
I have also prepared some of my 'other' 15mm FoW infantry teams - including mine sweeping Royal Engineers and medic teams to be based and finished. Some of this only requires a quick highlight and ultra matt varnishing, along with basing. Unfortunately later batches will involve a lot more painting from scratch!