Monday 8 May 2017

10mm ACW: Confederate Cavalry and Command WiP + Other projects

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update from me. While I'm still working on my 15mm WW2 terrain - specifically working through my pile of cut up door mat/wheat fields, I have also started working on my 10mm ACW again, along with sorting out some 15mm WW2 bits.

I'd gotten all my infantry done previously, but hadn't based them due to a cunning plan involving using casualty figures to pad out the basing a little. I've still the casualties to paint, but moved on to one of the things that had been daunting me a bit - the cavalry.

I've never painted a horse in any scale. But I figured if I could paint a Lion, how hard could some horses be...

Anyway, I've been making some progress over the last few days, with some base coated and washed figures to show for it:

Washed and highlighted standing horses - for my horse holder/dismounted cavalry makers

Figures on the left are awaiting highlight/varnish - I'm still working on the ones on the right. 

Close up of the WiP minis
WW2 wise, I am going to be working with two aims. Firstly, to get some more infantry painted. Secondly, to revisit the painting on my original infantry models, and update the basing. After much soul searching I have also decided to switch from 5 man teams to 4 man teams, to better reflect the squad sizes during Totalize and also make my available infantry go a little further.

I have also prepared some of my 'other' 15mm FoW infantry teams - including mine sweeping Royal Engineers and medic teams to be based and finished. Some of this only requires a quick highlight and ultra matt varnishing, along with basing. Unfortunately later batches will involve a lot more painting from scratch!





3 comments:

  1. The 10mm horses are looking good, just the right balance of detail v scale in those models. I am putting some 12mmConfederate cavalry on the bench this week and they do feel like a painting obstacle to me... yet they always turn out OK, just a mind-set thing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i have shared your work on my 10mm Wargaming page and 10mm Wargaming group

    https://www.facebook.com/10mmwargaming/

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1485781548417483/

    http://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!