Sunday 14 May 2017

10mm Pendraken ACW Confederate Cavalry - Finished!

Hi folks,

So this week I've been working on finishing off my Confederate cavalry unit - and tonight I managed to get it all wrapped up!

This is the first 10mm Cavalry unit I've painted and the first horses I've ever painted at any scale. I've still to base up the standing horses for my horse holder stands, which I'll hopefully get done once the dismounted cavalry figures are painted.

I'm happy with how these look, but not too happy with how they look in the photos! Zooming in obviously isn't doing me favours, as they start to look really scruffy. So I've kept the images small!








Since I was painting the horses, I also got my infantry brigade commander done. As a Brigadier of a South Carolina brigade, I've given him the state flag on his base.



The next batch of models will be a new platoon of WW2 British infantry, and updating one of my older platoons. Then back to ACW I think!

23 comments:

  1. Your 10mm Pendraken cavalry look great. Much better sculpting than my 10mm Old Glory ACW cav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, they were quite nice to paint, pretty straightforward. Absolutely a good intro to painting horses for me!

      Delete
  2. Nice job on these. Pendraken cavalry are sometimes hard to paint. I gloss my 10mm figures and leave the basing matt. I find it brings out the colours and I like the old school look. I only do this with 10mm figures and would never dream of doing this in any other scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I actually have two matt coats on all my stuff, but it's really down to personal taste!

      Delete
  3. Dynamic and great looking cavalry, and the command stand is superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I tried to make it look a little more interesting than just a couple of guys on horses!

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the cavalry and commanders James :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely stuff, James. They look great imho, and would certainly be catching my attention on the battlefield. Marvellously colourful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, just need to get the dismounted cav done and then it all based!

      Delete
  6. Excellent wor, must get mine done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin, appreciate the words of encouragement while I was working on them!

      Delete
  7. What amazing looking little figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i have shared your work on my 10mm Wargaming page and 10mm Wargaming group

    https://www.facebook.com/10mmwargaming/

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1485781548417483/

    http://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking job mate - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, I'm glad they turned out ok - I was quite nervous about painting them. Quite far from my usual comfort zone (which I've now returned to!).

      Delete
  10. Scruffy is fine at 10mm. They'll look great on the table mate.

    That Div Command stand is very cool. The freehand state flag is a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, but it's not freehand!

      Delete
    2. Never give away your secrets. Takes the magic away! ^_^

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!