Tuesday 16 June 2015

6MMRPC: Weekly Update (or; I may have been focusing on the wrong lead mountain!)

Hi folks, a short and slightly belated update from me - the two small dioramas were finished in the first week and a half, and since them I've not done much. This is mainly down to being on holiday.
Still, I did manage to do a few things. I dug out all my Full Thrust stuff, spray primed what I want to work on first and tonight started working on a few ships.

So, why do I think I mighty have been focusing too much on painting my WW2 stuff??

One small (!!!) pile of full thrust mini's - and some home made ships and 'other' ships for my collection!
Still bagged - NAC, ESU, UNSC, Japanese...
Stuff needing stripped and repainted
Japanese fleet - base coated and in a poly bag. And an old style ESU fleet bought painted.
Some boxes full of ships - mainly needing stripped. The box on the left contains scratch built ork ships I bought on eBay.
Bag of bits and ships needing rebuilt.
So to try and start making a dent in this mountain I've selected a NAC light carrier Battlegroup (not in the piles above) to try and paint. So far I've got them primed:


And the first few ships base coated:


Notice how the shade of the paint darkens as it dries. The ship on the front right row is still wet, and back left is dry...

More updates hopefully to follow!

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for making me feel better about my piles and boxes of miniatures! :) We seem cut from the same cloth!
    Seriously though, good luck. Baby steps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor! These guys live in a massive box in the cupboard - out of sight, out of mind! The pics were partly to make me stop looking on eBay and the gzg website for more stuff!!!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of little ships! Coloured spray primers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd just used black, but ran out so had to use grey as well... The grey was quite similar to the base coat colour so I may pick up a tin to use and save base coat painting.

      Delete
  3. O_o

    That's an impressive backlog Jamie. But darn, will be an amazing collection all painted up and displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the positivity of your use of 'will' Dai! I'd stick with would and add a caveat about having somewhere to display it all!!!

      Delete
    2. Move the sofa out of your front room and stick some cheap Ikea display cases! Sorted!

      Delete
    3. The problem there is that the only place the sofa could go is the garden... And doing that would probably mean A would banish me to said sofa. And For 99.99% of the year sleeping outside in Scotland's going to get you either frozen, wet or eaten alive by midges. Or possibly all 3 at once. Plus she would be alone in the house with the models. Probably a lose lose situation!

      Delete
  4. Wow - that's a LOT of ships.

    This makes me realise that I - nominally an Admiral - have precisely none!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooo way - those scratch built Orkses were previously mine, sir! What an amazingly small world! Good luck with all those fleets - I see you also have a bunch of Outrim Coalition that I look forward to on these pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world indeed! The Outrim coalition were painted when I got them but I will probably just try to stick to that paint scheme for them. The Ork ships will also be acting as Rahk'gol when (if) I ever run a Rogue Trader RPG game.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!