Saturday 8 September 2018

Finished! 10mm ACW ARMY!

Hi folks,

I completed the last few bits I had planned for my confederates earlier this week, so wanted to just post some pics of them and of the completed project. Possibly the first full start to finish thing I've managed to complete!

So first up, my 'Silenced gun' markers (the destroyed artillery), 'damaged gun' markers (the small wheel and gun bits bases and two sizes of 'disordered' markers - single infantry figures and single cavalry casualties.




The guns don't quite match those I have painted for my army (I think they might be howitzers?), but I'm not going to worry about that. I included some casualties on the bases, and stuck to the same basing technique as the rest of the army.

So here's what I've finished up in the last few weeks:






And the money shot...



As you can see, not a lot of room left in the storage box, so a perfect time to call it quits. I can't see me doing any more to these chaps now. All figures are Pendraken 10mm figures, based roughly for Fire and Fury but flexible enough to be used for whatever other system takes our fancy. I've mounted and dismounted Cavalry, 4 guns, 4 limbers, and ammo wagon, horse holders for the Cavalry, 'heavy casualties' marker, 'out of ammo' marker, a few different command bases and the counters I pictured above. As well as enough infantry to do a decent sized Brigade for F+F (more if using Black Powder, where I can get one unit per command stand).

All bases are magnetised to stay in the tray, and I've kept the basing as standard as possible across the whole army, with a 'hot summer' look.

Glad to get it all done! One army down *mutters* to go!

11 comments:

  1. Superb figures and useful storage box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil - very glad they are all done! The boxes are pretty easy to pick up, and work well with magnetic storage - although there is a bit of wasted space in them for infantry teams due to the height.

      Delete
  2. A proper job done alright , very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant army James. So are you going to do a matching Yankee one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed

    http://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work James, good to see a full box 😀

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!