Monday 7 August 2023

Finished: 15mm Dutch Leopard 2A4s

Hi folks,

I've been working on my Dutch WW3 force for a while now, with a few diversions into Necromunda and other bits. However, I'm not on the end stretch!

At the end of July, I attended a Team Yankee gaming day with Prince Bishop wargames Club. This was the first outing for my army, and gave me some impetus to get more bits finished. Having been threatened by the possibility of copious T-80s I decided to try and get some 120mm armed tanks finished. 


I was certainly glad of having them, as my Leopard 1 squadron got wiped out far too easily!

This batch represents the squadron HQ tank, and the first platoon/troop of three tanks. 

I've used BF decals on these, and my usual dust weathering. Two aerials per tank, with the two command tanks having commanders poking out the turrets. The usual basing process, to match these in with the rest of the collection. 

I've now got 6 more of these to do, for my whole squadron. Of course, I'll probably get the unit finished just in time for the new 'Free Nations' book, which will apparently give the Dutch access to Leopard 2A6s. 

Anyway, these bad boys did well in their first game, although I ended up fighting a horde of T-55s and no T-80s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!