Friday 4 July 2014

The WALL!


Not my picture!

Nearly every night this week I have come home with the intention of finishing off these Bofors AA guns.

And done nothing with them.

This has been the case for a few weeks. I think part of it has been how much I dislike the models... but there is so little left to do on them I'm beginning to think that's only part of the problem. I had a similar issue last year where I went for weeks with little progress - and I think the lack of having played anything for the last 4 or 5 months is now having a big impact as well.

With my better half having moved in (and now working two part time jobs through the week) I've not managed to get to the Saturday club and I cut down my roleplaying to 2 games a week (one on a night A works, and one on her night off so she has some time to herself...) so I want to keep my weekends free for time with her and can't now really fit in or justify any more gaming in the week.

Stalemate!

The result of this has been that even though I have been buying models - I'm not doing anything with them. The Bofors guns have had the crew painted and just really need the earth colour on the bottom of the cruciform legs done. Then they will be ready for Army Painter varnish, etc. I'm hoping (!) that just blogging about this issue will help me overcome it - give me a little motivation this weekend to get over this hump, But it's a big wall, and I am struggling!

5 comments:

  1. I've found that by setting up my own game table in my garage has had me gaming far more often than if I'd relied on just playing at my local games store. But that's just me and I have the room.

    Gaming is ebbs and flows Jamie. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto here. Significant other is also good with me setting the table inside the home now, go figure. :)

      Delete
  2. I find I often get in the same kind of rut. I tend to get to a point in a project and then struggle to get over the hump and finish it. Sometimes painting a quick side project can help. Sometimes you just need to set aside the time to sit down and finish the model. This sounds a bit like a time where you need to just put in the few minutes to finish a model. It may not be perfect, but it will be painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick at it mate, you'll get there! I've just had a similar experience with some portee guns. They were a real pain to get hold of, assemble and finally finish painting. I'm a bit sick of them already, and I haven't even used them yet! As for playing time, it comes and goes. The game will always be there. Agree with the comments above though, having a space to play at home does allow greater flexibility. Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments guys - glad to know I'm not alone! I'm afraid I've not got the space to set up a table, else that might have been something I would consider. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to put some pictures up of varnished mini's!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!