Wednesday 20 September 2017

State of the collection 2017 - Part 5 - Germans

Hi folks,

Finishing off my run of videos with a quick overview of my Germans. I've not really added much to this army painting wise since last years video, but I do have a lot of unpainted stuff hanging around waiting for me to have motivation...


Again, for those of you not bothered about videos, here are some snaps:

The Stugs are from Sturmgeschutzabteilung 1344. - which I could not remember while filming! Tigers are from 101 Heavy Panzer, infantry are all III/Grenadier-Regiment 1055, 89. Infanterie Division. This picture shows the Mortars (10 of them!), 5 PaK40's , MG Bunkers, StuGs and Tigers. 

Pioneer infantry front left, Fusiliers in the centre, MG42 Platoon on the right. Infantry platoons (3 of them) behind the MG42's and Nebs. Also present are the two 88's, command elements for the infantry and snipers. 

The Nebs will be from Werfer Regiment 83 (a German Corps level formation),

7 comments:

  1. Needs some Konigstigers methinks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's your answer to everything!!! They didn't take part in Totalize so no need for them really. I am going to have a stupid number of Tigers tho, as the 101st heavy tank batallion was heavily involved..

      Delete
  2. Well, you're need a huge table. But it looks like a brilliant breakout from Cean game. If I had a hat on (I'm sitting on the sofa watching the news on telly) I'd take it off.

    Lovely collection MTH. We're all olive drab with envy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir! Not a patch on your own football field full of minis tho!

      Delete
  3. Hi,nice pics,what bases do you use for your tanks and vehicles? your infantry look like they are based on flames of war bases is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neil - I use Flames of War bases for everything other than a few of the oddball units (like Sherman Crabs and AVRE Bridgelayers). Tanks and guns are generally on the 'large' FoW bases. The infantry will mainly be on 'mediums' with command teams and such on 'smalls'. I tend to use the plastic ones as I like the sloped edge to them - although it does add to the cost of the models! I've an article on the blog showing how I do my bases.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!