Saturday 16 September 2017

State of the collection 2017 - Part 1 - British/Polish/Canadian Armour

Hi folks,

So, having lived in this house for 9 or 10 months now, I finally got organised and had the old furniture which was filling the garage taken away. As a result, I now have a decent amount of space in the garage... more than enough to get my table up and get some pictures taken!

Normally I try to do a 'state of the collection' review around June time. But I'm sure you can forgive me for breaking from tradition and getting all the toys out!

Now, the issue this time was that even with the extensions put out on the table, I don't think the table is big enough to hold everything at once! I've plans to get some 2' by 5' boards for it, but in the mean time I decided to split my allied collection down into infantry, armour and artillery. This post will cover my armour!

The video I made (complete with a silent patch where the numpty that I am covered the mike with my thumb - giving more weight to the need to buy a decent tripod) can be found here:


But I know some of you won't want to listen to me whitter on (or not, while I cover the mike), so I thought some still images might be welcome.




C Squadron, 144RAC, 33rd Armoured Brigade with additional units from HQ Squadron (and some Churchill Crocs from 141RAC, 31st Tank Brigade)

Engineering and Croc support from 79th Armoured Division and 31st Tank Brigade

A Squadron, 24th Polish Lancers, 1st Polish Armoured Division. 

Supporting battery from 6th Anti-Tank Regiment, Royal Canadian Artillery, 2nd Canadian Corps. 

Spares! 
Thanks! Stay tuned for more!

16 comments:

  1. I love this ! And will revisit when I can listen without Mrs Z frowning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matey, very much inspired to get my finger out by your veritable football field full of models!

      Delete
  2. That is quite a collection you have there.
    Great paint job.
    Cheers
    Stu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stu! The joys of having a collection that's taken so long to build is that my early work isn't up to my current standard... :)

      Delete
  3. Nice collection one to one gaming ....but you will need a very big gaming table !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - very true, the chances of it ever all being on the table at the same time are pretty slim. I just like to have the unique units (rather than one lot of Shermans being various units). Plus, it keeps me off the streets!

      Delete
  4. That's a fine collection ... great to see it all out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant to see all that Iron out on parade! Love all the research and detail mate, its really brings it all to life.
    I'm a little biased, but my favourites are the Churchills :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The research is a big part of the hobby Paul. I'd love an excuse to do a Churchill squadron, but none were involved in Totalize directly. Maybe if I ever do the Rhine crossing...

      Delete
  6. Bloody impressive to see all that armour set out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai... shame most of it is as much use as a wet paper bag stats wise!!!

      Delete
  7. Awesome work. You are the Sherman Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!