Monday 18 September 2017

State of the collection 2017 - Part 3 - British Infantry and Support

Hi folks,

Trudging forward, my next table full of mini's is my infantry. Now up to 2 rifle companies and 1 support company, I'm one rifle company short of having the whole battalion as at Operation Totalize start on 7/8/44!


For the record (and because I bothered to count!) I currently have 34 painted Universal Carriers and 10 Loyd carriers. There are still more to do, with 2 more Universal Carrier currently on my painting desk (to be part of my planned aid post). And there's good few more in the lead mountain!


A and B Companies, 7th Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 51st Highland Division

Support units: starting back left: medical support from 176 Field Ambulance, RAF Typhoon, Provosts/MP's,  Armoured Cars from 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry, Royal Engineer Field Platoon, 4.2" Mortars, Wasps and Vickers MMG's from 1st/7th Middlesex Regiment. 
S Company, 7th Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders: Carrier Platoon, 6 Pdr A/T Platoon, 3" Mortar Platoon, Pioneer Platoon.



A and B Companies, with A Company's De-frocked Priests at the rear. 






4 comments:

  1. Love seeing all your hard work on display mate. Has been a pleasure to watch your collection grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thanks for your continued support Dai! I know my serried ranks of English Uniform and Russian Uniform Green are not the most exciting!!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely A&S Highlanders - thats my wife's family's regiment. Her Grandfather served with the A&SH before during and after the War, and 4 of his 5 sons followed in his footsteps before they emigrated to Australia in the late 50s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul! I've some family connections to the regiment myself.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!