As well as getting all the soldiers out, I also took the time to set out some of my terrain. I have had a big push on this year to get myself terrain. Not just a few hills and stuff, but a proper ability to set up a table that matches the effort I put into my figures.
I've picked up bits and bobs here and there, looked at what other people are doing and been impressed and inspired. So, my final video (unfortunately with poor lighting) is a test setup of my town scenery:
Again, as the pictures seem to have come out better, I'll stick some up here. I've still got a long way to go, but I think I'm on the right track. Comments and constructive criticism is very welcome!
|Please excuse the garage mess in the background!|
|Lack of base boards down this side of the table. I still had a few buildings left to put out, but had ran out of space.|
|"It's quiet... too quiet.."|
|The Battlefield in a Box town squares really helped.|
|Really proud of how the damaged buildings look, although the rubble is a bit too pale in places.|
|Some Shermans and a StuG added for scale!|
|The outbuildings seemed to work really well. More work needed on stuff to go in the yards!|
|Basing to be done on the trees, some more basing boards required.|
|More gravestones needed - the area around the church is pretty bare looking. I've got some much larger bases (3.5" by 3.5" that I may use with gravestones). I may also base up the walls to put some greenery along the bottom.|