Thursday 26 December 2019

Xmas loot 2019

Hi folks,

Not much to report on the painting front - I have started on my AHPC entries but this years 'treasure island' format has got me a bit confused as to the best way to enter completed figures. I'm thinking I'll stockpile what little I have finished until I figure out what I am doing. But progress has been made.

Loot wise this was another year dedicated to books, although I did include some of the play aids from the new Necromunda box (can't justify springing £130 for a box set). These were an ebay purchase and consist of the box contents less the models and terrain. Book purchases were mainly focused on D-Day again, this time with the interesting 'D-Day: Then and Now' series.


We had a nice Christmas day with Amy's family. There was the usual mountain of excellent food prepared by my lady wife and time spent with nephews and nieces. Thankfully while the day was tinged with some sadness, it wasn't as bad as either of us had worried it would be.

We received a number of lovely gifts from family regarding Joshua, including a lovely ornament which included one of the pictures we have of the three of us together and a notification that a star has been named after him.

Work continues with the charity project, with two different forces having been completed (one by MartinC and another by John - both blogs worth a follow). I also know from Facebook posts and some other messages I have received that work is ongoing on figures for Joshua's army on a number of different painting tables all over the world. All of it very much appreciated. I plan to advertise things a little more in the new year.

That's it for me until the new year. I hope everyone has had a great festive period and that you all enjoy the rest of your holidays. Thanks to everyone for their support over what has been an extremely tough time.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

James

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day. See you sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Xmas Jamie!

    Very nice haul. Wonder what the difference is between those new Necromunda rules and the 2017 ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that the core mechanics have changed, though the 2017 rules were superseded by the 2018 ones - the boxes set rule book has details of a different campaign mode they have yet to release as a stand alone. Basically set in a hive that's being overrun by Chaos cults (the new corpse grinder cult figures). No doubt they will release this outside of the expensive box set, but for the price I paid on Ebay it was worth just picking up the rule book, cards, etc.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a good Xmas. I hope the new year gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good day despite the challenges mate.
    Best wishes for 2020

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the Normandy '44 book by James Holland it is Avery good book. Well written.
    Best for 2020.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!