Friday 3 January 2020

Finished: AHPC entries 1 and 2

Hi folks,

I managed to get myself organised and finish off the first couple of models for 2020 and the first entries to this years Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. I've set myself a bruising target of 1250 points this year, and these guys combined were worth less than 100 (including a bonus!). I better get a shift on!

First up a 15mm diorama I painted for Dave's collection (as my entry fee for this years challenge). Dave will have to complete the 'X marks the spot' challenge to qualify... I wanted to stick to my strengths and paint something WW2 related, so in the end went for an American command/signals post.






The truck, trailer and jeeps are all from Skytrex, while the infantry figures and passengers are all Battlefront metals. The base is a 'coaster' sized and shaped 2mm MDF base - the same as what I used for my Aid Post back in 2017.

I also submitted a couple of tanks I had painted for Martin - 15mm Plastic Soldier Company Fireflys to be precise. These were a donation to Martin's British armour collection following his purchase of the 'Hit the Beach' box. I decided to build and paint them for him as a thank you.




Very plain, limited decals, no bases and no weathering. I'll let Martin add what he likes to match these in with what he's doing.

Now, I just need to get on with the 10mm stuff on my desk...

14 comments:

  1. The command vignette is a pure gem...Superb!👍👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil! Something a bit different (first time I've painted Americans).

      Delete
  2. That command base is wonderful. Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work James, especially the command post which is very pretty 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to adding that to the army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start to the challenge Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai - I am currently avoiding PC games to try and add to my score a little!

      Delete
  6. The HQ diorama is superb mate, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this entry James, its my No1 at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!