Monday 15 June 2020

Finished!: British Recce Troop 3

Hi folks,

The last week or so has been spend finishing off my last troop of armoured cars for my 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry squadron. 



As per the others, this troop consists of 3 x Humber IV Armoured Cars and 2 x Humber Light Recon Cars. Models are all 15mm scale from Battlefront. 

Crew are still WiP but shouldn't take too long to get finished. I've also got to magnetise the bases for storage, but that won't take long either. 

Updated painting plan now looks like this:


Just to prove that I've not just shown pictures of the same 5 vehicles three times...





There is actually one more Humber LRC than is required, as I had 2 previously painted from my first attempt at this unit. 

Having a whole squadron gives me scope on the bigger scenario games we play as a group to give scouts out to multiple players, or play some recce based scenarios using our hidden deployment/movement homebrew rules. Certainly the idea of having a relatively dense Normandy terrain board with the players trying to probe out the weakness in the German positions appeals. 

On to the 6-pdr platoon next, after I finish the crew figures for these and perhaps do some 10mm fantasy painting. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice work James a labour of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love me some British armoured cars. Sweeping the whole squadron done is fab mate, well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must agree lovely stuff with great research

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!