Friday 21 August 2020

For Joshua's Army: Donated units from Dai

 Hi folks,

I had meant to follow up on the post about models donated from Domesticated Bill with this post, but it's been a busy week!

My long time gaming buddy Dai, over at The lost and the damned and the stunted blog, contributed some unusual undead all the way from the USA. Dai paints a whole load of different stuff - from WW2 models at various scales to fantasy and sci fi. Give him a follow if you don't already!

Many moons ago, Dai also very kindly sent me some bits for my 15mm WW2 Brits - so at this point I'm doubly in his debt. His contribution to the project is extremely welcome, especially given the effort of buying models from the UK, painting them and then shipping them back to the UK is no small thing. These models are from Pendraken. 



Dai's contribution to the project consisted of some mixed vampire and werewolf infantry bases, some Dire Wolves ('Dai're wolves?) which will act as light cavalry and a bunch of character models which I made into a vampire monster/general base and a hero base. I added the flags and touched up a few chips where international travel had been unkind, but otherwise it was just a matter of getting these figures on bases. 

A great addition to the undead armies, and some bad guys that were not represented previously. 


Thanks Dai!

6 comments:

  1. Wow James, these armies are certainly continuing to grow. What I like is how your excellent basing style ties together all of the contributions from many different painters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee - I'm glad it's working out (and that I didn't go for anything too complicated!!!)

      Delete
  2. More great figures for the project. Looking forward to seeing them all a the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray - hoping we might get a chance to put something on at some point next year! That's the York show cancelled as well now for February, so things not looking great.

      Delete
  3. They look excellent all arrayed on their bases! Glad they arrived reasonably safe and sound. Only wish I could have sent more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai - they should tie in nicely with the rest of the donations. That you took the time and effort to contribute is amazing, what you did to help me and the memory of my wee boy is greatly appreciated.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!