Thursday 24 September 2020

Finished: M5 Halftrack Crew

 Hi folks,

The last few weeks have been spent filling out the infantry and vehicle crew part of my planned Recce squadron, with decent progress made. It's been nice to paint British infantry again - limited colour palette and familiar figures. Hopefully within the next few days I'll have the Mortar and Motor platoons finished along with one of the dismounted carrier patrols and some spotter teams.   

Up first, however - due to the lack of any basing - are the finished crew and passenger figures for the M5 halftracks I previously finished. 

Passenger and driver figures are sometimes a bit of a nuisance due to them being bulky and repetitive (getting the brush into some spots can be hard). Thankfully, I didn't need a huge number of them for these five vehicles and these figures were fairly straight forward. 

I paint these outside of the vehicle as I find it easier, especially when it comes to batch painting similar poses. I had contemplated painting the whole models with crew glued in place, but chickened out and removed them to paint separately. 


Once in the halftracks, they nicely bulk them out alongside the little bit of stowage I had also used. 

Not the most useful thing to have spent time painting, but I'm happy with them now and they make the purpose of the halftracks nice and clear as well. 


5 comments:

  1. Nice job. Reminds me I still have a batch of crew figures to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave - less hassle than the landing craft passengers, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Like these very much. Can't remember if I added crew to my Canadian transports, tho I do remember the Jeeps drivers were fiddly as heck.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!