Thursday 30 September 2021

Finished (again): 15mm 5.5" Battery, 79 (Scottish Horse) Medium Regiment RA, 4 AGRA

Hi folks,

Doing a bit of procrastinating before starting painting German stuff. A while ago (January 2017), I painted up a Flames of War v3 British medium artillery battery. This unit was completed, with the exception of the correct markings for my chosen unit - 79 (Scottish Horse) Medium Regiment Royal Artillery. 

Unsurprisingly, this unit took part in Operation Totalize. In addition, it has a Scottish connection. 4AGRA was actually formed in Bothwell, not far from my hometown, while the 79th was formed from 'The Scottish Horse', which was a Dunkeld (Highland) based unit. 

I managed to find someone to do some custom decals for me. While the process was expensive, I managed to get a few different units done - including this one.

https://tank-markings.blogspot.com/p/europe-higher-formation-organisation.html



I retrieved the whole unit from it's tray, and spent an evening cutting out small bits of decal paper (and searching for dropped bits).  






A minor task completed, but one that has needed done for a long time.   


4 comments:

  1. Well, Scotty has 4 tables now too - so we have 11 - that’s a damn big game to get these on.. lovely job too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to have the accurate markings and on my fav type arti platoon. Well done Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai, though I suspect we both have an odd definition of cool ;)

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!