Saturday 23 October 2021

Battlefield3d - 15mm Valentine Bridgelayer

Hi folks,

A few weeks ago I spotted a blog post showing off a 15mm 3d printed Valentine bridge layer and stating that one of the better known 3d model designers (Marco Bergman) had made it available. I contacted Phil at Battlefield3d, who has a license for Marco Bergman's stuff. Phil confirmed he had the model, and added it to his site for me. 

He also sorted the model so that the bridge has a hinge, and can be shown folded or deployed. 






As usual with Battlefield3d's stuff, the print quality and detail is excellent. I had only to remove one or two delicate print supports, but the model was more or less primer ready when I opened the box. No assembly required by me other than to mount the bridge on the tank. 

I'm really pleased to be able to add one of these vehicles to my collections. My plan is to eventually paint this one up as a part of 33 Armoured Brigades HQ unit, possibly along with some Sherman I's. I may even pick up another two at some point, as I believe that three of these tanks formed the bridging section of the Armoured Brigade HQ. 

Whether they will ever see the table is secondary to how cool I think they are!

I also had Battlefield3d print a M4 Sherman from one of the other designers they have a license for, and I'll show off some pictures of that model alongside a Battlefront resin and metal M4 at a later date. 

2 comments:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!