Tuesday 16 November 2021

15mm Universal Carriers (decal swap)

Hi folks,

Catching up on some of the projects on my painting table I've completed but not put away/photographed yet. This small bit of work came about following this post.

After laying out of the whole Highland infantry battalion, I had wanted to sort out Universal Carrier transports for my various infantry HQ units. As I've four infantry companies as well as a planned battalion HQ unit, I decided to repurpose some of the now 'spare' carriers from the FoW v3 organisations to provide company HQ transport. 

Of course, FoW has nothing for battalion HQ units, but given the size of my force I'm planning on having representation for the commander and his 2ic. 

This rework mainly consisted of replacing the existing markings with those of the relevant infantry battalion (in this case, 7th battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, 154 Brigade, 51 Highland Division).

 

These vehicles were mainly previously marked up for various attachments from 1/7th battalion of the  Middlesex Regiment (the Divisional support battalion with Vickers MMGs and 4.2" Mortars). I believe that the Vickers MMG platoon HQ and 4.2" Mortar platoon HQ and OP transports were appropriated, as well as a carrier from one of the support platoon units.

This small bit of work means that I've correctly marked out transports for all my company HQ units, as well as transport for my battalion commander (when I get him painted). 

Otherwise, work continues of German half-tracks. 


2 comments:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!