Saturday 19 February 2022

Finished: 15mm PSC Sd.kfz. 251/16D Armoured Flame-Thrower platoon

Hi folks,

Another catch up blog post - this time back to my German half-track project. These are Plastic Soldier Company (PSC) 15mm Sd.kfz. 251D half tracks, with the PSC upgrade kit applied to turn them into the 251/16D models. This involves an upgrade to the internals to include fuel tanks and fuel pump, as well as crew figures dressed in flame proof clothing and armed with flame-throwers. 



I've applied the usual decals, with hull numbers in the range 621-626 (making these part of the III/26 SS Panzergrenadiers 6th company - the pioneer company). I used Skytrex decals for the hull sides, Doms Decals for the crosses. Given the placement of other items on the hull, I didn't have room for my other usual markings.

I've again gone for a different camo scheme, using the same colours. Scorch/soot marks were added to the hull sides where the weapons would likely have been firing (flaming?). 







Another set of boxes completed on my project planning sheet! 

Since completing these, I moved on to painting the half-track tow vehicles for the 4th (heavy support) company's 75mm A/T guns, as well as the SP artillery from the 5th company. These are approaching completion, and I've begun working on the 251/9 (stummel) half-tracks. 

So only 18 out of 46 planned vehicles still to go, and six of those 18 are started...!

In other news, a new project has turned up - Team Yankee Dutch:





2 comments:

  1. Such a cool platoon! Flampanzerwagons are a scary prospect to face in any ww2 game, but a whole gaggle of the buggers!? No thanks. Lol

    What drew you to ww3 Dutch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fancied doing one of the less common nations, and the Dutch have cool kit - and no camo on vehicles or uniforms!!!

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!