Wednesday 17 May 2023

Finished: 15mm Cold War West German Marder Rolands

Hi folks,

Work continues with the Team Yankee project. With a new army book coming out for the Dutch later this year (potentially with Leopard 2A6 and Apache for my Dutch!), and a game planned for the end of July, I want to get what I have done. It's all dragged on for a bit now!

Anyway, I decided to add some mobile SAM support. the Dutch don't have their own units for this role, so call on the support of their West German allies. 

So here we have two Marder Roland SAM vehicles, kindly airbrushed for me by Dave. 





These are 15mm Battlefront resin and metal kits, which were a little bit of a nuisance to put together. Still, they look sharp enough with a few decals and some weathering. Turrets were magnetised, basing as per my usual technique for this project. 

I've a Stinger platoon and a Mech Infantry platoon in the works at the moment, as well as my TOW and Recoilless Rifle jeeps. Hopefully I'll have more progress to share soon. 


1 comment:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!