Saturday 29 April 2023

Finished: 15mm Dutch M113 platoon and HQ vehicle

Hi folks,

As previously mentioned back in my YPR-408 post, I got a little bogged down painting wise, trying to finish off too many things at once. However, this also meant I finished 3 (more or less 4) units at the same time. 

First up are some 15mm plastic Battlefront M113s, part of my Dutch Recce force, who will provide transport for my Tirailleur Peloton (as part of my Verkennings Eskadron). I may pick up some more Dutch infantry for these, or may use my existing figures. I'm undecided!

These models are lovely to build and a joy to paint. I really rate these boxy little iconic vehicles. These have been decalled using the BF markings, had fishing line aerials applied and have a single commander marking where the command team will be. Based to my usual standard for this collection, and weathered with some Tamiya Weathering Master powders. 



At the same time, I was working on a slightly older Battlefront resin model. This M577 Command Post Carrier was released by Battlefront as part of the initial Team Yankee offering way back when the game first came out. I believe it was a bonus model representing "Colonel Reynolds' Battalion CP" as part of the 'Bannon's Boys' army deal back in 2015. An odd model, as it comes with a large open space but no associated infantry figures. 

Dave had one of these spare from the figures he had picked up from IanW at our club. I snagged one as an interesting little thing for my Dutch, figuring it would be useful in scenarios or in Northag/Centag games. 



As usual I threw on some aerials, used the Dutch BF decals and the same basing style as on the other vehicles in the collections. 

That's it for my backlog currently. Next up will be some West German Marder Rolands, which Dave very kinds airbrushed basic camo colours for me. These are the only missile air defence options open to the Dutch currently, other than Stinger teams. I've also a Dutch Mech Inf platoon I want to get done! No rest for the gamer!

1 comment:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!