Wednesday 18 October 2023

Finished: 15mm Dutch PRTL Platoon

Hi folks,

Powering on with my Cold War Dutch project, I oddly found my motivation flagging on the last few models. However, I managed to grit my teeth and get on with it - and it's all done!

One of the last units was a PRTL Panterluchtdoel Peloton. These are 15mm resin and metal miniatures from Battlefront. 

These vehicles were a parallel development of the German Flugabwehr Panzer 'Gepard'. These used a different radar that the German version. 

Nine complete crews were assigned to each platoon, allowing the three PRTLs to operate around the clock. The crews rotated from the PRTL to the stinger group (during the day), to rest. Hence in Team Yankee the number of Stinger units is limited to the number of PRTL units. 



As usual, Battlefront decals have been used, with fishing line as aerials. I applied my standard weathering to these. I have to say adding the weapons was a bugger, as well as balancing the turrets while painting them. 



2 comments:

  1. For all the fiddly construction, these are a pretty cool looking unit of very cyberpunk-esque designs I think. Nicely done Jamie!

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!