Wednesday 9 January 2019

Finished!: 6mm Recon and 15mm LCA's

Hi folks,

I have fully intended to try and post more regularly this year, as I've found myself using my Facebook page for more 'work in progress' type posts. Still, I have managed to break my duck a bit with the AHPC, getting a themed round entry in the form of some hastily painted 6mm Modern Brits for Team Yankee, as well as this week getting 6 Battlefront 15mm LCA's done.

LCA's post (with some historic info) can be found there:

https://thepaintingchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/01/from-jamesm-15mm-scale-battlefront-lca.html

Basically, I've painted six craft which are numbered for craft used on Juno (the Canadian) beach.



15mm scratch built LCT with 15mm Battlefront LCA's




Pretty pleased with these - the ramp position came about as I wasn't sure whether to do them raised or lowered, and Garry stated I should do them half way, representing them lowering on the way in or on the beach. Great suggesting from Garry, which proves that even a stopped watch is right twice a day ;)

The 6mm figures were painted in a hurry, and are not my best work:



Currently I am working on a Gunuary project - six limbered 6 Pdr A/T guns, modelled to be towed behind my UC Carriers. I've also got a 'wrecker' truck converted by yours truly, which will form the basis of a small REME Light Aid Detachment - just need a jeep and a spare 3 tonne truck to complete this little unit (the jeep and truck might go on a diorama base similar to my Regiment Aid Post).

I've also been converting some 15mm AA and Artillery figures into Royal Navy crew for my large landing craft, green stuffing anti flash hoods and gloves onto them to hide the uniform's being wrong... More on those soon, as hopefully they won't take long to paint.

That't it for now!

1 comment:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!