Sunday 20 January 2019

Finished!: Limbered 6 Pdr Anti Tank Guns

Hi folks,

Last of this weeks trio - 6 limbered 6 Pdr anti tank guns. These will allow me to model the unit as moving, or deployed. Something I'm keen on when playing the big games (and I love the look of them being towed).


The Loyds Carriers are some of the first vehicles I painted for my Brits, which must have been about 2013. They could do with a bit of highlighting and having the basing looked at!


The guns are from Skytrex, and I specifically requested them all to be the limbered version, something they were happy to help with. I had requested 17 Pdrs from them the same way a year or two ago.

So one more idea ticked off the list!


Stupidly, I also started doing a 'quick' update to the 6 Pdr battery I have. Again, these were pretty early models for me, so were very dark. I started a programme of updating them all, thinking it wouldn't take long. Suffice to say I was wrong! And these guns will be needed for this weekend, so they will be a priority. You can see how some of the update work effects them:

Updated two on the right, originals on the left. 


The old basing is looking pretty tired, and while the guns were painted to look more realistic, the distance shot above shows just how dark they look compared to most of the rest of my collection now. A wise man once told me not to re-paint minis, just to sell the old ones and buy new ones. There may be some sense in that - but this is an expensive unit to buy!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice mate!
    One doesn't often see WW2 guns modelled as both limbered and deployed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. It's a bit of an extravagance to be honest, but it was on my list of things I wanted to do for the collection!

      Delete
  2. Very cool. I'd not heard of Loyd carriers before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I wasn't very familiar with them till I started collecting FoW. Once you know they exist you see them a lot in period pictures, whereas before I just thought they were 'Bren Gun Carriers'.

      Delete
  3. Excellent modelling skills as usual James, they look great. Should add that your landing Craft crew were also admirable and brought the model to life.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!