Saturday 19 January 2019

Finished!: 15mm LCT Crew

Hi folks,

For those of you who follow the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge blog, you'll probably have seen my post from Tuesday with this weeks entries. However, I wanted to share here this weeks finished work, to keep my 'Finished' list up to date for 2019!


These figures are 15mm Battlefront models, mainly artillery crew, AA crew and Artillery staff/command models.

Being unable to replicate the naval uniform fully at 15mm, I struck upon the idea of adding the 'anti-flash' hoods and gloves. Some trimming with a knife removed pouches, pockets and such, and some green stuff added the detail I wanted:


The officers had an attempt at shirt and tie done, where needed. The loaders were initially holding 40mm Bofors clips, but I trimmed these down then built up to a more square shape, to match the guns (converted .50 cals) on the LCT.

I then painted based on some Osprey images I found online:



Once painted, the figures were then glued on to the landing craft:




A pretty minor addition, but one I'm glad I took the time to do.

For reference, colours used were:

Anti Flash equipment: Vallejo Game Colour 'Wolf Grey'
Blue uniforms: Vallejo MC Dark Prussian Blue (899) with Prussian Blue (965) highlights
Helmets: Vallejo MC Luftwaffe Uniform WWII (816)
Officers Uniforms: Black, various yellows and whites. Main yellow used for detail was actually Vallejo MC 'Gold Brown (877).

I was graciously awarded a bonus point for each converted figure, so this little batch netted me 24 points rather than 16!

12 comments:

  1. It’s these details that really bring a collection to life .. well done on a cracking job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staggeringly good work. I totally agree with Dave's comments. Awesome work James :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work mate, they look spot on. Very clever bit of converting.
    I like that ginger bearded Naval Officer figure in particular :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!