Sunday 31 May 2020

Finished!: British Recce Troop 2

Hey folks,

Don't worry, it's not a bad case of deja vu - just more green vehicles. My 2nd troop of the planned 3 has left the paint desk. 

Nothing much more to report really, these are still 15mm Flames of War miniatures. Still painted to reflect a troop of vehicles from 2nd Derbyshire Yeomanry in around August 1944 and I've still more to do!


As per the last batch, this troop consists of three Humber IV Armoured Cars (although I believe these are more like III's) and two Humber LRCs. Stowage and aerials have been added, and the Armoured Cars still need crew (which are in the painting pile). 



I am sticking with the historical setup for this squadron, having diverged slightly from the FoW v4 setup. However, I can always mix and match to fit the current lists if required. Thankfully, the guys are happy enough to go with historical setups so it's not really an issue. This does mean the infantry platoon has one more half track than the rules currently require. I've also dropped one of the carrier patrols from the plan as the info on the unit's organisation shows only two patrols of three vehicles per squadron. 

'Finishing' this troop adds some nice colour to my painting chart. I spent some time recently prepping the Loyd Carriers and Forward Air Controller vehicles and got them sprayed today, so a little change in shade there as well. 6-pdrs and crew have also been primed.


Work is now starting on the 3rd troop of armoured cars, before I move on to the 6-pdrs. No particular order to the progression, other than they seem like they should be quick to paint. Not too keen on the PSC plastic crews, but I'll give them a try. 

7 comments:

  1. Impressive focus and dedication James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joys of painting to an OOB Matt - got to stick with it or you never get anything finished!

      Delete
  2. Lovely, nice looking group for totalise?

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - I did initially get them for Totalise, but my research now is that the unit was restricted to traffic management and loaning out their armoured vehicles to help the main attack. I'm not sure that they were actually used as a Recce unit until a few days after the operation.

      Delete
  3. More lovely recce vehicles. Can’t say that my own did any good in fow tho....

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!