Sunday 28 March 2021

Finished: 15mm Polish Cromwell Squadron

Hi folks, 

Given the number of similar Cromwell posts, I decided to hold back making more till I had the full squadron finished. With these now done, I though I would show off the whole lot. These are 15mm Plastic Soldier Company Cromwell tanks representing vehicles from C Squadron, 10 Pulk Strzelcow Konnych (10th Mounted Rifle Regiment), 1st Polish Armoured Division around the 8th August 1944. Attached units include a troop of Stuarts from HQ Squadron, and a battery of Polish M10 Tank Destroyers from 1 Pułk Artylerii Przeciwpancernej (1st Anti-Tank Regiment).

#3 troop



#4 troop



Group shot of the whole project, along with the associated progress tracker:





The only option not completed currently are the attached HQ Squadron Crusader AA tanks. These seem to be out of stock in the UK currently and I've decided they are not much of a priority being an attached asset (and I've already got 4 painted, 2 of which are for another Polish unit). I also still need to paint crew figures for the various vehicles, which should be a minor job other than the need to make them fit the PSC turret hatches. 

Having had the unit line up, I may also add some small pennants or something to the Squadron HQ tanks, just to make them stand out a little. However, lacking in turret numbers or any other distinguishing markings, the 'line' tanks are pretty interchangeable between troops. 


6 comments:

  1. Whilst I am glad I sold off my 15mm Cromwell company, I am rather glad I did cos yours looks way better than mine would've any day. :) Good stuff Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, something a bit different to paint and play than Shermans. I'm sure yours were ace!

      Delete
  2. Smashing work on the squadron. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!