Sunday 29 January 2023

Finished: 15mm Valentine bridge-laying tank

Hi folks,

Another quick catch up post on a model I painted for this years AHPC. 


As a big fan of engineering vehicles in my 15mm collection, I jumped at the chance of picking up this 3D printed beauty. It came from Battlefield3d and is resin printed, so nice detail and no obvious print lines. 

Best of all, the bridge game with a hinge in place:



The hinge allows the bridge to be mounted on the vehicle, or deployed for tabletop use. 

I marked this model up as belonging to the brigade HQ of 33 Armoured Brigade. As such, it will support my 144RAC Shermans. Severely tempted to pick up another, just for the symmetry of having a pair, and the flexibility for big games. 

The bridge is mounted on a Valentine tank chassis, and represents the only model of this type in my collection. The bridge carried was rated up to 30 tons, and as such could be used by Shermans and Cromwells. 

I applied my usual basing style, but actually used a similar style of painting to that on my Cold War Dutch. It didn't take me long to get this single model sorted, even with the bridge. 

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of a Valentine bridge layer. Pretty cool though. Good stuff Jamie.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!