Saturday 4 November 2023

Finished: WW3 Team Yankee Dutch project

Hi folks,

As mentioned in my last blog entry, I've finished all the units I had in the paint queue for my Team Yankee Dutch. As I swapped my only other painted army (my 10mm ACW) for other figures, this now becomes my only completed force!

These are 15mm Battlefront models (for the most part, with a couple of resin 3d prints from Butlers Printed Models). 

Well, completed at the moment. Time will tell whether I add any of the extras from the newest NATO Forces book. 



The finished project leaves me with a full Mechanised Infantry company, a Leopard 1 company, a Leopard 2 company, all the various support assets and a Recce company (which needs tanks from one of the other companies in order to be fielded). I've also added some earlier Dutch wheeled APCs, and some anti-tank jeeps. West Germany is represented by some air support and Roland Marders. 






It was mentioned by the guys when I was taking the photos at the end of the club games day in October (I have limited space now at home for pics like this) that there is a lot more varied tone to these models when seen in person than the photos of the finished models show. A mix of the lighting and the way that the weathering product I've used shows up on camera I think. 

I've now moved onto other bits and bobs - avoiding large planned projects for now in favour of clearing some low hanging fruit collection wise, and painting some of the odds and sods I have had outstanding for a while. More on those bits soon!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the completed project! The force looks great en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Jamie! Congrats on finishing a project. I hope they fare well in battle too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dai - it'll be nice to get a chance to field them properly!

      Delete
  3. Lovely!

    Congratulations indeed on finishing such a force. Looking forward to your next project (after you get through the bits and bobs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project completed, congrats. Looking forward to your posts on the low hanging fruit.

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!