Saturday 8 October 2022

Finished: 15mm Team Yankee Dutch M106

Hi folks,

The third unit 'finished' from my recent batch of Team Yankee models. These take the form of a unit of three Battlefront 15mm plastic M106 self propelled heavy mortars. 

I believe that the Dutch only used the M106 armed with a 107mm heavy mortar as part of their recce units, whereas in Team Yankee the option exists to also use 120mm armed version instead of the towed 120mm mortars used by infantry formations. The justification being that as war approached the Dutch may have found a way to mount their 120mm mortars in these vehicles (or purchased the up-gunned version). But really Battlefront are just avoiding towed artillery in Team Yankee. 

While I have painted the mortars for this unit (the 107mm version), I've no issues with doing a 'counts as' if required. I do still have gun crew to paint, and the mortars to add into the vehicles. But the vehicles are tabletop ready at the moment, so I'm counting them as done. 


The Battlefront plastic M113 kit is pretty nice to build and paint. A cool and iconic looking vehicle that goes together nice and easily. I've another three of these in the APC configuration to paint for the recce troops transport. 

2 comments:

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!