Tuesday 25 April 2023

Finished: 15mm Dutch YPR-408 Platoon

Hi folks,

My first finished unit since the AHPC finished - not for any other reason than having a bit of a loss of motivation. I seem to keep falling into a trap of working on too many things at once, which limits my perceived progress, which makes my motivation flag, etc, etc. I need to remind myself in future to work in smaller batches!

Anyway, these models are 15mm scale Dutch DAF YPR-408 APCs, resin 3D printed models from Butlers Printed Models. 

I decided to get a unit of them as they are cool models, and fitted in with my idea of also being able to field some 2nd line/reservist units in various Cold War games. 

These vehicles were introduced to Dutch service in the 1960's, having been designed in the 1950's. They remained in service until 1987, and are pretty iconic. They had many of the variants seen on the later YPR-765s, less the autocannon turrets. 

These models are all the YP-408 PWI-S(GR)/Pantserwiel Infanterie Standaard (Groep) - armoured infantry transports. I did upgrade these with Battlefront plastic 15mm .50cal machine guns, as the 3d printed ones that came with the models were a bit too fragile. 




These models were painted with my usual selection of AK interactive US Olive Drab paints, a drybrush to apply edge highlights then a tidy up. The usual fishing line aerials and Battlefront decals, and my normal style of basing - less flowers for the TY stuff. 

Decals were mainly those provided by Battlefront, though I did use some of my WW2 bridging weight decals.  

These are nice models, I'm glad I have them in the collection - something a bit different. Stats wise, I'll probably lift the Fuchs stats to represent light wheeled armoured vehicles. I'm sure Dave won't mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!